I've taken today off but it has been an even busier day than when I have to go to work.
The difference, apart from being able to get out of bed on my own terms rather than being held to ransom by the alarm clock, is that the things I have done are those that I choose to, not paid to, do. And the fact that they all involve helping others has made it all the more satisfying. The tasks include:
- helping a friend edit a report before he submits it to his boss
- helping a friend who asked for ideas for a presentation do some research and then make some PowerPoint slides
- making preparation for the volunteer work that I will be doing tomorrow
- helping my wife's friend figure out how he can upload things to the website that he has paid someone to build for his business
- helping a friend contact an acquaintance regarding a product that he would like to source for his potential business