20090906

Taylor Made


Taylor Dent is as good as his words. So far at least.

“I don’t want to just win one round here. I’d like to win a few.” Dent said after coming back from a career-threatening back injury to win his first US Open match in four years. Now, two days later, he followed it up by winning an epic five-set second round match against Ivan Navarro of Spain, serving 20 aces (including one clocked at 147 mph), making 121 winners and winning 190 points.

His next big hurdle will be the third round match against world number two Andy Murray.

"I honestly don't know how I'll fare against Murray," Dent said. "But I will guarantee everybody this: If I lose, 6-love, 6-love, 6-love, I am going to die fighting for every point."

It proves what the news headline said the other day, that he is a “resolute” player. Best of luck, Taylor!

No comments: