20100217

"There isn't any food I like. There isn't any food I like."

As I waltzed through the enticing food at the buffet breakfast this morning, I could hardly believe it when I heard the unmistakable Hong Kong kid (judging by his Cantonese, size and manners) repeating to himself: "There isn't any food I like. There isn't any food I like."

I dearly wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and wished that he was just joking, even though it didn't look like it as he was clearly mumbling to himself and he did look rather upset. If he did mean it, what he said would be one of the most ungrateful statements I've ever heard. How can one possibly say that he cannot pick from the rich selection of fine food that can only be available from a luxurious resort hotel like that one? It was almost profane.

I was wondering what it was that he was looking for and came to the sad and abhorring conclusion that it was probably either a hamburger or a bowl of instant noodles with sausages and eggs.

No comments: